Thursday, September 2, 2010

I Miss My Life

Well...it is that time again! The beginning of a new semester! I have 3 clinicals this semester. Pediatrics, Adult II (Focus on critical care), and crazy people (AKA mental health). It will be an interesting semester. People are already complaining about this and that. I am not thrilled about some things that are going to happen this semester, but nothing I can do about it. I am going to TRY not to complain...that much. So far, I have managed to stay on top of things. Even though I have a 3 day weekend, I am going to spend as much as I can doing some school work. Maybe I will even take my books to the pool to study. :)

I have my pediatric clinical at Scottish Rite. Adult at Parkland. Psych at Millwood (which is all the way in ARLINGTON! UGH!)

I am actually really happy about the clinical at Parkland. Our instructor is giving us a TON of freedom! I am able to go into a patient's room and give them medication without him or a nurse present. That is a big deal! Granted, we have to fulfill other requirements too, but still, yay for autonomy!

Since I have a Saturday clinical....ick right?....I won't be able to attend the free Crossfit WOD's. :( This really has me sad, because I was looking forward to it. But, what am I to do? Have to get through school. I will probably start my elliptical work beginning this weekend. Need to have notes to read before I can do it!

Hope to see you guys sometime!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to do great, sweetie! This is only temporary, and as you said, you'll have much more freedom. :) Keep your chin up!!! Oh, and I'm there with you on the long weekend filled with schoolwork--we're on our way to Austin (I'm at a place with wireless), and I have my laptop to work on stuff on the way, in the hotel, and on the way back. At least I don't have to work until Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete