Sunday, April 11, 2010

I have missed this pain!

Hey everyone! I must say, that I have truely missed this type of pain. On Saturday, I took Phoenix and his two friends (Sarah and David) to experience the love of Crossfit. We went to Crossfit Deep (was hoping to see Koy and Lindsey, but they were probably taking a rest day). We did a really fun team workout. There was a 12 minute clock, and we had 3 different activities to do with a built in rest. One person would run, the other would rest, then wall ball, and then Kettlebell swings (I really did miss the KB swings!). The way the WOD was scored was you kept track of how many your team did for the KB and wall balls. Now, since I have been out of the crossfit style workout for a bit, I went lighter than I normally would have. I only used the 6# Wall ball, and the 18# KB. The run wasn't that bad. It was only 200m.

I think we scored around 391 or something like that. Not a fantastic score, but I was so proud of my people. One, they actually came to a crossfit workout. Two, they finished their first workout. And Three, they did not puke. Granted, they said that they felt like puking, but hey....who doesn't feel that way after crossfit sometimes? Sarah and Phoenix really enjoyed it, and I think that we will start becomming regulars at the free Saturday workout. I still don't have the money to commit to it sadly. :( However, I am very grateful for the free workouts and that Sarah wants to do it once a week with me. So, woo hoo for starting to become more regular! Granted, this means that I will have to give up my Saturday yoga....but I think I can live with that!

Personal life update: Phoenix was interviewing for a job in North Carolina, which would have made me depressed if he got it, however.....he was offered a job at this company in Irving. He is pretty sure that he is going to take it, which makes me very happy! The whole North Carolina thing has been looming over us, which has not let us become more serious or "official", so this should make things easier for us, and I can finally stop worrying if he is going to leave. Both jobs are a great opportunity for him, but the one in Irving just means that he doesn't have to move, which all of us like.

Diet after WOD yesterday: Well, thankfully, the 4 of us are pretty health conscious. (Granted, Phoenix and I still love the bad carbs...but we try to limit them.) We all went to Sarah and Davids, and had yummy scrambled eggs with chives and some kind of cheese. And Sarah made us some type of "paleo pancakes". (Sarah is actually doing the Paleo diet....she is already a crossfitter, just didn't know it yet). Anyway, the pancakes...wow....so good. I will have to get the recipe and post it. They were made with almond flour, ricotta cheese (not sure if that is actually paleo or not, but it worked), lemon, and an egg. (maybe there were more ingredients...I was in charge of making the eggs.) We topped them with strawberries and sugar free syrup. Yum.

Ok, all this talk about food is making me hungry! Guess I better go and wake Phoenix up and cook breakfast. We are PLANNING on coming to this Saturday's WOD...so, hopefully, we can repeat this amazing soreness all over again!

4 comments:

  1. Amy, I know I already told you on FB, but I'm so sad I missed you at the gym on Saturday. I plan to go this week, so hopefully I'll see you then. Koy and Eric were out of town for a certification so that's why they weren't there either. That team workout does sound fun. That's so cool that your new man liked it too! Glad you are doing well. Hope to see you on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What certification were they getting? Yeah...that team workout was a lot of fun! Still trying to convince them that it was the most fun ever...lol...but they all liked it. I know that you will at least see me on Saturday! Just have to make sure that these guys are still able to move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for free Saturday WODs! It's cool that your new man came out there with you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it was really great having him there. Although, I may have found someone who is in the middle about the whole crossfit thing. He doesn't love it, but he doesn't hate it either. I think when he can do a WOD without being sore, he will start to love it!

    ReplyDelete