Monday, July 19, 2010

BOOM!

Well, this past week has been fun! I got my motorcycle license on Wednesday from DPS! I only missed two on the test. Not bad. I will take it. :)

Had two fun shifts at work. I got to do my first NG tube (which is where I stick up a tube down a patient's nose, and it goes into their stomach to decompress the stomach). It was soooo easy! My nurse was like, this is not the norm. Usually the patient gags, or throws up. But this guy was so understanding about the whole procedure. Made for a good experience. Oh, and then a different patient wrote on a comment card what a good job I did, and how sweet and nice that I was. :) Those things count! They look at those when raises are being handed out.

Saturday, we saw Inception. Seriously, go see it. It was amazingly awesome! :) Don't want to say too much in case you haven't seen it, but it worth the money.

Sunday: Fun fun fun! My stepdad bought some Tannerite (which is a small explosive) and we put them in some stuffed animals, and well....we blew them up. :) We had so much fun! Just the look of excitement on my stepdad's face, was worth everything. We will be geting out concealed hand gun licenses on the 31st, so more gun shooting for us!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Amy! If I had to have a tube shoved up and down my nose into my stomach, I'd want you to be the nurse who did it to me. :) I want to see Inception but Kason thinks it'll be bad just because the reviews have been negative. Loved seeing the pics from your explosives fun. Hehe! Sounded like a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete