Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gotta Go Deep!

Thank you Sandy for making me go to the free workout a few days ago!

WOD:
In groups of 3, with only 2 people working at a time
As many points in 10 minutes of:
Squats (worth 1 point)
Ab-mat situps (worth 2 points)
Burpees (worth 3 points)

Great workout! Sandy and I figured we could do situps all day! LOL. But it would be better to do a few of those horrible burpees to boost our score. Our final score ending up being 940, or something like that. I don't remember my score exactly, but I did a ton of sit ups. I woke up that next day, and my abs were so freaking sore! Even now, 3 days out, abs are still sore! I so love CF. It's so great to come back and do these workouts with people that I love! I am really happy that I was able to still run 400m and not have to stop! I know that I do the elliptical, but it's not the same as real running.

CrossFit Deep is such a good box. I wish I was closer so I could go, but still don't have the time. Will have to go back when/if I get another Saturday off.

Ok, update on school. Last week, I had my Concepts test, got a 94! Woo hoo! Had Assessment test yesterday, and pulled out a 90. Today, I had pharm....pharm.....pharm....pharm. I left the test feeling pretty good. Grades still weren't posted when I went to Concepts lecture. All of our instructors were there. This should have been the first sign that something wasn't right. The instructor that helps with retention, started first. Well, we get the "You suck speech". I am sure you have heard it sometime in your life. Apparently, my class has done the worst compared to previous classes. They were blunt, and said that some of us weren't going to make it to Junior II. Uh oh....ok, so kinda makes me think that I didn't do so well. This speech goes on for about 30 minutes. Our pharm teacher comes in, and honestly, looked like she had been crying. Which makes me feel horrible. I was hoping that I hadn't let her down. Long story short, I made a 94. Woo hoo! Looks like I am not one of those people that isn't doing well. Well, I knew that, but I hate the "You suck speech". Just one more test tomorrow! Then, clinicals, and I can relax for a day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Congrats on all of your awesome grades! And we will definitely have to go back on your next Saturday off..let me know!

    ReplyDelete