Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Year!

So sorry for not posting in a while. Holidays can get busy. This week, is yet another busy week! I have been doing orientation for Texas Health Presby Dallas yesterday and today. Tomorrow is another fun filled day of orientation, but more specific for my position and skills check offs.

Tomorrow, is another big day for me as well. I begin my new diet tomorrow. I have been doing fairly well with eating healthy and working out, but I feel like I have hit a plateau and need some kind of jump start to get back on track. I swore I would never do this, but a moment of weakness came over, and I am trying Medifast. Yeah, I know that it is probably not the best thing for me to do, but I need something to get me motivated, and pulling off pounds quickly is something that I want.

Medifast operates by you consuming very few calories a day. I think it is around 800-1000. Yeah...that's not a lot. You eat 5 Medifast meals a day, and then eat a "green" meal with some lean meat. I have read all the labels, and these meals are loaded with protein, fiber, and lots of vitamins. So, all I am cutting out is the calories. I figured I would try this for a month, and then see where I am.

I ate my last "meal" tonight. I will miss the bread. That sandwich was soooo yummy. And of course, the yummy baked potato soup. MMM....will miss that stuff. But I want my body to look like how I feel. And well...this is what I choose to do. I will be trying to post more about my progress.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment