Sunday, August 15, 2010

Trauma Drama!

Well, as I sit here in the Trauma Pod (aka Trauma Drama), I figured I would sit down and write a quick blog.

Now, usually, there is Drama in the Trauma Pod (hence the reason I have so lovingly called this area, Trauma Drama), but Friday, I had some drama in Meadows (the fast track part of the ER where they see sprained ankles and colds, easy stuff). So, I am sitting at my computer, minding my own business, when some lady comes up and is like, "I am the mother of the patient in room #, and I looked at the computer and he does not have 'Cold Like Symptoms'. He has ........(lists off his symptoms). Needless to say, she was not happy. I responded to her and was like, ok, I will let the nurse know. She didn't seem to like that answer, but then went back to her room. (Oh, and did I mention that her son was like 30 something?) She comes back out a few minutes later, and wanted to know is she could speak to him again. So, I asked her, "Who is he?" in my helpful voice (Since I have 3 men working up in that area at that time, I really didn't know who "he" was. And I wanted to make sure that I got the right person.) She was like "I don't know his name, he didn't tell me." So, I told her that I would go and check and tell "him" to come back and speak with her. I went back and talked the doctor who was on the phone, and let him know that she wanted to speak with "him" again. I go back to the patient's mother, and updated her on what I did. And she asked who he was, and I said, "Oh, it was Dr. So & So." Then she was all rude and was like "See, you knew who he was the entire time". Grr...people just frustrate me. But oh no, it doesn't end there! After I brought back a new patient, she is at the front desk asking for the Chief of Staff's number (which we don't know), and everyone's supervisor (the nurse let her know that she will have the clinical supervisor come up and visit with her). She then asks the nurse for the name of the "blonde girl who sat at that computer's name" (meaning me). Then she turns around and looks at me, and is like "What is your name?" So, of course, I give it to her.

Anyway, the clinical supervisor comes up and speaks to her, and apparently the woman was upset because she thought that EVERYONE was rude to her and that we were not taking her son seriously because they have medicare. Ug. People just irritate me! Even though she will complain against me (I am guessing because I asked who "he" was....), I won't get in trouble. I got to tell my side of the story, the clinical supervisor wrote up the incident, and she was like, don't worry, I know you don't have attitude so you aren't in trouble. I don't care that people complain, I just don't like it when I didn't do anything wrong. Also, I don't want this to look bad since I want them to hire me. But my supervisor told me not to worry, so I am not. I just have to remember to not ask people "Who is he?" LOL.

Yesterday, we did our weekly errands and I got a really cute haircut. I hope to get some pictures posted soon. :) I also think that I will soon be starting a cooking blog since everyone keeps asking for my recipes. Phoenix and I are working out all the details. But I will keep everyone updated. :)

Well, time for my day to begin in "Trauma Drama"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment