Friday, April 10, 2009

Am I Sweating, Or Are These On My Face?

WOD for 4-9-2009

WOD #1 with Linda
600m run (warmup)
Tabata Pull ups, shuttle runs, and Glute Ham Sit Ups

WOD #2
21-15-9
Deadlift
Front squat
Burpees

The first workout was fun. I am really starting to like tabatas. I usually approach it with the attitude, "It's just 20 seconds!" But it never fails that around oh, the 3rd one, I am like 5 more? Seriously? The 20 seconds keep getting longer, and the 10 seconds rest keeps getting shorter. Oh well. Like I said, fun stuff! I didn't keep track of my numbers. I was just doing as many as I could. Glute Ham Sit Ups are getting easier. Major props to Linda for doing it in the weight vest. I will get there one day!

The second WOD...wow...this was a beating! When Sam was saying that the workout should take about 15 minutes and no longer than 20...I started getting worried. The deadlift was supposed to be bodyweight and the front squat was supposed to be 75% of bodyweight. I obviously scaled back. Deadlifts were done at 125# and front squat was done at 55#.

This was a tough, yet fun, workout. During the set of 21, I felt like I was going to throw up. And during the set of 15, it seemed like a really good idea! During the set of 9 front squats...man, I started to crack. I could feel the tears coming. Sam helped push me through the front squats, and Dee helped me with the burpees. When I finished...I just sat on the floor and cried. Dee came over and put her arms around me, and I just cried. That feeling is so hard to explain. I gave it everything that I had. This workout wore me out. It was one of the best beat downs I have had. Thanks Koy for the encouragement with the deadlifts. I wonder how my form is when I do many reps in a row, and with you telling me that it was looking good, it helped me get through them. And as many times as Koy and Sam tell me, I have problems with the high elbows on front squats....grr......Sam, I really did appreciate your help with that last set of 9. It was tough, but your coaching really helped me.

You guys are one of the reasons that I keep coming to CFDC day after day. There are still things that I struggle with, but with the excellent coaching and support that I get from my friends, I know that I can do this. And any WOD you put in front of me, I am going to complete to the best of my abilities.

Time for the WOD: 16:46

Diet for yesterday:
Breakfast: egg white omelet, bacon, 1/2 c pineapple
Lunch: Salad, with baked chicken & mandrin oranges
Dinner: 2.5 slices of turkey bacon and a handful of almonds (did not feel like cooking or eating after the WOD, but I ate something)
Snack: blackberries, strawberries, turkey bacon, almonds

Currently Listening to: "One Foot Wrong" by Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment