Thursday, April 23, 2009

Not Everything in Life is Handed on a Plate

WOD for 4-22-2009

"Jason"
100 Squats
5 Muscle-Ups
75 Squats
10 Muscle-Ups
50 Squats
15 Muscle-Ups
25 Squats
20 Muscle-Ups


*sub: 2 pull ups and 2 ring dips for every one muscle up.

Let me be honest...this workout sucked. Normally after workouts, as tired as I may be, I feel good and like I accomplished something. Not after this workout. I have never felt so upset after a workout. I feel like I failed. Yes, I get it that I finished. But this time...finishing wasn't enough. Time was 28 minutes. I had to change from the blue band to the green band on the 3rd round, and from band assisted ring dips to parallette ring dips. I felt so defeated after this workout. I guess that's the point of CrossFit. But I don't like this feeling that I totally sucked. People say "Good Job"...but it doesn't feel like it when I struggled just to finish. I don't know how much more I could have given. I had nothing left to give in the end. I had to leave immediately after finishing the workout to go to a babysitting job. A 20 pound baby never felt so heavy! And going up and down a flight a stairs has never been this challenging.

When I woke up this morning, I could barely move. While I ate a morning snack of peanuts driving to work, I decided that everyone has to have bad days. Yesterday was mine. Instead of dwelling on it, I am going to go about my day and not think about yesterday. I will come back tonight and give it 150%.

Diet for Yesterday:
Breakfast: Egg white omelet with tomatoes, 1/2c pineapple, 9 almonds
Lunch: Salad with mixed vegetables with sunflower seeds, mandrin oranges, 2 thick slices of turkey
Dinner: I finally got to eat dinner at 11:45 last night when I got home from babysitting. I was so exhausted. Ate a slice a turkey, 2 strawberries, and 3 almonds. Now, before you go and start lecturing me...(which I KNOW that you want to do)...I didn't have time to eat with a 4 year old screaming and throwing a fit, trying to put a 2 year to bed, and feed a 1 year old. And on top of that, they just moved into this house, and have zero paleo/zone quality food. I could have eaten some goldfish or fruit snacks, or yogurt...but since those things are not approved, I didn't eat. So yeah...not a good start to day 1 of new diet. Will do better tomorrow.
Snack: almonds before workout
Total Water Intake: 1.5L (This needs to be improved greatly...could have had a factor in the workout)


Currently Listening to: "How About You" by Staind

No comments:

Post a Comment