Thursday, April 9, 2009

What More Do You Expect From Me

WOD for 4-8-2009


WOD #1:
Push Press: 3-3-3-3-3
800m weighted run


WOD #2:
For time:
12-9-6
Power Snatch, 115 pounds
Box Jump, 30 inch
Kettlebell Swing, 2 pood


After missing a couple of days....it feels so great to be back!! I missed is so much!! So, for my two a day workout, I did the one for 4/7 that I missed and the one for 4/8. WOD #1: Push press. My first time to see my max on push press. I think that I did well for my first time.
Reps looked like:

55-65-75-80-85-90 x 1


800m run...we all know how I hate running...no secret. But this run had to be a weighted run. I asked Koy what weight he thought I should use...(that could have been a mistake...) and he was like 60 pounds. I think my jaw hit the floor. 60 pounds? Seriously? That is almost half a person. As soon as the two weight vests were put on, I was having a hard time breathing. But I did the run. During the run I kept thinking "I don't want to get fat...because this sucks running with this much weight." I am actually glad that Koy made me do the 60 pounds. I would have never thought to put that much weight on, but I wore the vests and completed the run. This is one reason why I LOVE CFDC. The coaches and the other athletes at CFDC...we push each other.


Time for weighted run: 6:46



WOD #2:
After recovering from the 'oh so much fun' weighted run, I got ready for the next WOD. Snatch...what can I say about this lift. Still my least favorite. I feel like I look funny while doing this lift. Still having some problems pulling every little detail together, but I think overall, it's getting better. Still using the little box for the box jumps. But I am not doing box step ups which is great. I may try to see if I can do the medium box jump next month. We'll see. And tonight was the first workout that I increased weight on the KB swing! 35#! Surprisingly...the extra weight wasn't that bad. This was a fun workout! (More like this please!)


Time: 6:30



On a side note, it appears that my resting heart rate has decreased. Before CFDC, my heart rate normally ran in the 70s. Now, it is ranges in the 50s. Which is great! This means that my heart is getting stronger. With a low heart rate (Bradycardia) in athletes, the heart can pump blood and use oxygen more efficiently and that is a good thing! The ventricular muscle contraction generates a greater force and doesn't need to contract as many times in order to get the blood through the body. (More beats=more contractions of the heart.)



Diet for yesterday:
Breakfast: 1/4 scoop scrambled eggs (blah), 3 pieces of bacon, 4 almonds, 3 strawberries
Lunch: Which Which-club (turkey, ham, bacon) with lettuce, tomato, and cucumbers. Only ate half of the wheat bread
Dinner: 3 baked chicken strips, salad
Snack: strawberries, blackberries, 7 pecans
Total Water Intake: 2.5L



Currently Listening to: "Nothing Left To Burn" by Lovers and Liars

No comments:

Post a Comment