Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hang, Squat, Press, GO!

WOD for 7-28-2009

Every minute on the minute for 20 minutes:
3 Hang power cleans
3 Front squats
3 Push-press

Ok, so I modified this a little bit. I didn't have a good way to do the "every minute on the minute" as there wasn't a clock near me, nor do I have a timer that would go off every minute. So, I told myself that I will just do 20 rounds. I used the 45# bar. I would do 2 rounds, and then take a few seconds break, and then do 2 more rounds. After the 10th round, I was like, man, am I tired....I really wanted to stop when I got to round 15. But I didn't. I kept thinking about Carrie, Lindsey and Sandy yelling at me to keep going and that I had to finish so I didn't let them down. After the 12th round, some guy comes up to me and was like how many more sets do you have? I told him 8. He looked at me like I was from another planet. Hehe...

Diet for yesterday:
Breakfast: 2 pieces of bacon, 1 scoop scrambled eggs (I hate scrambled eggs!), 6 almonds, 1/2c yogurt (sorry, I love yogurt!)
Lunch: Chicken fajitas! MMM...doctor's lounge food is really yummy! (No sour cream or cheese on my fajitas though)
Dinner: Spicy lime chicken breast cooked in olive oil, 8 almonds, 2 sticks of celery

On another note...I swore I would never watch this show, but since nothing else was really on, I watched it. The show is "More to Love". I don't plan on watching this show on a regular basis. But watching it makes me so thankful for CrossFit. There was 20 girls who were overweight. Granted, not all of them were obese. A couple of them, just needed to lose a few pounds around the middle, and they would be all set. As I am sitting here and listening to these women, I am amazed at how happy they are that they are "big and beautiful". Now, I am all about loving yourself and being happy. But are you *REALLY* happy when you are 300 pounds? Then there were some girls that were like "I've never had a date" and "I just want someone to love me for me". They were pretty much all complaining that people judge them on the way they look, and that they should have to change.....and how "big girls" need love too. Watching these obese (excuse me, curvy and voluptuous women) made me want to throw up my nice healthy (and quite tasty) dinner up.

And the guy is a bigger guy himself. He was saying that "life is too short to worry about dieting and watching calories". I don't know how exactly I feel about this statement. Life can be long and fulfilling. Yes, sometimes it starts to get frustrating when everyone is eating ice cream all the time, but they are obese and don't care what they eat. I do care. But I also don't take everything to the extreme. If I want ice cream, I will have a SMALL portion. Not the whole carton.

Not sure where this rambling is going. I know that I will never be a size 2. And I realize that I have problem areas that I am working on. I do know that eating well and working out will give you results. Seeing those women makes me want to work that much harder so I don't become one of them. Thankfully, I have got great friends and family that would NEVER let me get that far! So, Thank You guys for not allowing me to become a 488 pound person that can not fit into a CT scanner! (True story that happened at work today, might have to send him to the zoo)

2 comments:

  1. How about, "life is too short when you don't diet and watch your calories!". Man, that's crazy. I wonder if they truly believe that or if they are just tricking themselves. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of people like that!

    Nice job doing this WOD on your own! - with images of us yelling at you, haha. This one was tough even with everyone else around. By about round 12 you just want to stop! Good work!!! And nice job skipping out on the sour cream and cheese too :) Glad to see that you're doing well and keeping up with everything on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to picture you guys or else I would have quit on round 13...seriously! Well, I would have rather had the flour tortillas than the other stuff anyway!

    I don't really know if they truely believe that, or are just saying it. Some weren't very convicing. But hey, if you want to get fat and die early...that's your business, not mine. What concerns me is when two obese people get together, they have obese children, and the cycle continues...

    ReplyDelete