Friday, July 31, 2009

Put some Dead In That Lift!

WOD for 7-30-2009

Deadlift
5-5-5-5-5

So great to be back in the box! I missed it and the people there! And of course, I do love the deadlift! I decided to take it light since I haven't seriously deadlifted since May. I needed to get back into the swing of things.

Sets looked like:
123#-143#-143#-143#-163#

I felt really good at the 123#. So, I bumped up to 143#. Didn't really have trouble with the weight, but I really wanted to concentrate on good solid form. I wasn't looking to set any records by any means. On my last set, I jumped to 163#, which I was able to lift it easily off the ground, but on my last rep I rounded out my back. FTL. But I am glad that I did lighter weights for the WOD.

Other good news...I talked to Sam about my situation, and he is going to work something out with me so that I can continue to come to CFDC when my schedule allows! FTW! Sam is such a great coach and business man...it's so easy to see why CFDC has become such a great success! Thank you so much Sam! This place means the world to me, and I am so excited that I will be able to continue on while attending nursing school! I may only get to come once a week, but it's still something!

Diet for yesterday:
Breakfast: Egg white omelet with peppers and bacon, 9 walnuts, pineapple
Lunch: Pei Wei (cheat)
Dinner: Chicken from Central Market and Vegetable soup
Dessert: 4 strawberries, 2 pieces of pineapple

1 comment:

  1. Super job, Amy! I was sad that I missed that WOD! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete