Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Late Night, Breaks Lock, Hear the Tires Squeal

WOD for 6-1-2009

Deadlift:
1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Deadlift! My Favorite lift! Of course seeing this on the blog made me pumped! I was looking forward to doing this lift. Last time I did this, I did really well. So...new PR was what I had been envisioning all day. I get to the workout, and was still thinking about my new PR that I was going to set.

Working set looked like:
150-160-180-190-200-215 (f)-215(f)---FTL! :(

Hmm...so....the new PR was not set today. In fact, I didn't even get my one rep max that I had gotten on 5/17 of 225#. Not sure what went wrong today. Pulling 215# off the ground was nothing, but couldn't rotate my shoulders back to finish the lift. When I was doing 200#, my back started rounding, and then it rounded again on the 215# attempts. When I failed at 215#, I think my mind started taking over, and maybe got down on myself. That's the only thing I can think of that might have affected my performance. No excuses for today. I got plenty of sleep, ate well. Just didn't perform like I wanted to. I guess everyone has those days. While I am not thrilled that I didn't get a new PR, I am still happy with my overall progress. I am pulling 200# consistently. I never thought that I would be able to pull 200#.

It's all about your attitude. I am going to try to have a better attitude on days that I don't do as well as I would like. No point in beating yourself up, this will just make you feel worse. Like Sandy says, some days, it's just about finishing. If you finish, you win. And Crossfit is all about winning and doing the best you can do. Some days you do better than others. I love this gym!

Diet for yesterday:
Breakfast: 1/2c oatmeal, 1 scoop scrambled eggs, 1/2c yogurt, 12 almonds
Lunch: Salad with mixed veggies, 2 hot wings (skin removed), 6 walnuts
Dinner: baked chicken breast, 6 almonds, 6 walnuts, cucumber slices
Total Water Intake: 2L

Currently Listening to: "The Artist in the Ambulance" by THRICE!

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy for having such a positive attitude! That blog entry made me smile. The fact that you're doing 200# like it's nothing is awesome!

    ReplyDelete