Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Brand New Way to Breathe

WOD for 2-13-2009

Tabata Pull-Ups
Rest 3-5 minutes

As Many Rounds as Possible in 12 minutes:
400m Run35 Squats


Pull ups with green band:
8-6-5-5-5-5-5-5

I felt good the first round, but after the 3rd, I was struggling to get 5 each round. It's just going to take some time for me to build up the endurance. Frustrating process though...

Runs + Squats:
3 complete rounds, and almost finished another 400m.

Running still sucks. I hate it with a passion. I have to work on not stopping. Overall, it is getting better. I am walking less, which is a good thing.

This was my 6th workout in 5 days. Ug...I am happy that I have done this many in a row, which is a first for me. But I am so in need of a rest day. I was dragging yesterday, and almost didn't come to the workout. I am glad that I did, but next time, maybe I won't go and just rest.

I am going to try to go to the workouts early and workout with Mel before. Bobby and Mel helped me work on my snatch form. Overall, I am feeling more comfortable with this lift. I am still leaning forward when I am in the bottom position of the squat. This will just take more practice and time.

Diet for yesterday:
Breakfast: 1/2c oatmeal, 3 pieces of bacon, 1/2c pineapple
Lunch: Chicken breast, salad
Dinner: 3 slices of turkey, handful of almonds
Total Water Intake: 2L

Currently Listening to: "The Beltsville Crucible" by Thrice

No comments:

Post a Comment