Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Just Like the Crow Chasing the Butterfly

WOD for 5-5-2009

Overhead Squats
15-15-15-15-15

5 minute plank hold

Of all of the squats that we do, OHS is my weakest. When we did OHS a few months ago, I was able to get 65# two times. Sam said that with doing 15 reps and not being able to put the bar down, that I would probably not be able to reach my max.

Working set looked like this:
25-30-35 (f-10)-40(f-10)-45 (all 15!)

I am actually sad that I failed at 35# and 40#. While doing the OHS my arms would start to go numb and then I would get a sharp pain in my right arm. The numbness/tingling doesn't bother me. I figure that is part of the OHS for some reason. Or, maybe that's not normal. When I would get the sharp pain is when I had to drop the bar. It wasn't because of the weight was too much. Although, on that last set of 45#...it took a lot for me to not drop the bar. But thanks to Mel#2...I was able to finish with her encouragement.

CFDC is adding a new class...5PM!!! I am really excited about this. The 6PM class, if not the biggest class, but for sure one of the biggest classes. It's great that we have so many people coming, but when we have something like OHS or Snatch or any movement that some people may require extra coaching. Hopefully by adding the 5PM class we can make the classes a little smaller so that we all get the coaching that we need. Personally, I am excited for the 5PM class. I plan on attending it as much as possible. I like the idea of being able to get home earlier, and get to bed earlier!

Speaking of getting to bed earlier...I went to bed at 8:15 last night! Wow...and I really needed the sleep! Waking up at 5AM today was so easy and I felt refreshed for the first time in a while. Just goes to show how important sleep is when doing CrossFit!

Diet for Yesterday:
Breakfast: egg white omelet, apple, 6 almonds, 1/2 bagel
Lunch: Salad, baked chicken, 4 cucumber slices, sunflower seeds, handful of carrots
Dinner: 4 slices of turkey, 8 pecans, 1/2 cup blackberries, glass of milk (with added protein powder)
Total Water Intake: 2L


Currently Listening to: "The Crow & The Butterfly" by Shinedown

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how I feel about you going to the new 5:00 class. I won't be able to work out with you anymore! :( Will you be at the 6 pm tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL....I can always do weights with you at 6PM! I don't know if I could find a better weight lifting partner than you!!!

    ReplyDelete