Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wrote the book on Pain

WOD for 5-11-2009

8 hang power snatch, unbroken
8 handstand push-ups, unbroken
15 double unders, unbroken


Last night was fun! Ok, a lot more fun when I finished than when I was actually doing the workout. Went to the first 5PM class! I like it! It looks like it will be smaller than the 6PM, which is great! The one thing that I will miss will be Lindsey and Sandy! You guys are great! You push me farther than I think I can push myself. I may have to drop in the 6PM every now and then.

So, for the workout...hang power snatch. If I had to pick any snatch movement, I would pick this one. I think that this one really helps me work on my snatch form, which is by far my weakest lift. The point of this workout was to do everything unbroken. We warmed up, and looking back on the workout, I could have done more. Sam and I decided to use 35# as a weight that I could manage without dropping the bar. I did manage it, but when I got finished, Sam told me that since I finished so quickly that I needed to use heavier weight next time. For the HSPU's, I used the "prison-shower-push ups". Now, if you have not seen these, these are a sight to see! You put your feet on a box, pike your butt up in the air, and then do a push up. Feels awkward, and I bet it is hilarious to watch all of these people, lined up against the wall with their butts in the air....glad that no one caught that on a picture. For the double unders, I used the vertical jumping sub. (Like this one way better than tuck jumps, would rather do 2X the number of jumps with the vertical jumps than single tuck jumps).

I was really happy that I was able to do this work out unbroken! A good way to start the week!

Time for WOD: 9:18

Diet for Yesterday:
Breakfast: Bagel (a friend bought it for me when I got to work, it was delicious, but regretted it at the workout), 2 egg whites, 5 strawberries
Lunch: 2 slices of turkey, 9 almonds, 4 baby carrots (wasn't very hungry at lunch)
Dinner: baked chicken, salad with sunflower seeds, mixed veggies, 1/2 c blackberries
Total Water Intake: 1.5L

Currently Listening to: "The Sound of Madness" by Shinedown

No comments:

Post a Comment