Thursday, March 26, 2009

Here At The Top of The World

WOD for 3-25-2009

"Tabata Fight Gone Bad"
Complete 8 Tabata intervals (20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest) for each of the following:

Wall-Ball
Sumo-Deadlift-High-Pull
Box Jump
Push-Press
Row (calories)

WOW! This was an amazing workout! I loved it!! (Yeah...it does kinda suck in the middle of it...but oh well!) Workouts like this is why I continue to love coming to CrossFit every day. Granted, I loved "Fight Gone Bad" any way, but this might even be more fun! (If that is possible.)

I had some positive things on this workout. For the first time, I did a weight as prescribed! For the girls, the Rx weight was 45# for both Push-Press and Sumo-Deadlift-High-Pull. I managed to do both weights without a lot of difficulty! It is a great feeling that I am getting better, and seeing progress by being able to do some things Rx'd.

Box jumps are getting better. I am still using the small box. I started getting a shin splint during warm up....not fun...let me tell you! So, for the box jumps, I alternated between box jumps and step ups. Next time though....full Rx'd! No Subs (well, still might be using the small box, but for sure no step ups!)

Numbers for Tabata Fight Gone Bad:
Wall Ball: 63 using the 10# ball (Rx'd...last time I did FGB I used the 6#)
Push Press: 56 with 45# (Rx'd...last time I used 35#)
Box Jumps: 66 (1/2 jumps & 1/2 step ups)
Sumo-Deadlift-High-Pull: 60 (Rx'd...last I used 35#)
Row: 45
Total: 290

Ok, I did want to break 300 on this, but I will take the smaller victory by using the prescribed weight...one thing at time right?

Diet for Yesterday:
Breakfast: egg white omelet and bacon
Lunch: salad with baken chicken
Dinner: 3 slices of turkey, 7 almonds
Snack: blood orange, strawberries, blackberries, a few peanuts, 2 slices of turkey
Total Water Intake: 2L

Currently Listening to: "Cold Cash and Colder Hearts" by Thrice

No comments:

Post a Comment