Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I Just Hit The Floor

WOD for 3-23-2009

As Many Rounds as Possible in 15 Minutes of:
5 Pull-Ups
10 Kettlebell Swings
15 Double Unders

I don't advise going in one of the later rounds for this workout. While waiting, this was a REALLY long 15 minutes. But once, we started, the 15 minutes went by very quickly. For the workout, I used the green band for pull ups, 26# KB, and single jumps 4 x 15.

I managed to get 9 full rounds, and then 15 single jumps. This workout was actually a lot of fun. I could barely lift my arms when I was done, but I love that feeling of pushing myself so hard that I just want to lie on the floor and that's it.

I realized that I have made some really great friends at CrossFit. Not only have I made good friends, but I have the BEST trainers ever! They push me and make me better. Because of them, I am becoming stronger and faster, and just a better athlete all around. When I first began, I was self conscious because I couldn't do a lot of the exercises. But that feeling has vanished, and a new one of accomplishment has taken its place. I still may not be the bet at some things (okay, a lot of things), but I am getting better.

Koy told me that I have to go up in weight in the KBs. This thought really hadn't crossed my mind, since it seems like I just increased weight. Apparently during this workout I "breezed through the KB swings like it was nothing". I don't remember this, what I do remember is how tiring the KB swings were on round 6. So, next workout...I guess it is the 35# KB.

Diet for yesterday:
Breakfast: 1 orange, 6 almonds, 3 slices of turkey bacon
Lunch: 4 baked chicken strips, blackberries, handful of peanuts
Dinner: Salad
Snack: strawberries, sunflower seeds, 2 pieces of turkey bacon
Total Water Intake: 1.5L

Currently Listening to: "Wasting My Time" by Default.

No comments:

Post a Comment